We THOUGHT we knew what the weather was like...

Adapting to life in the Northwest.

Monday, August 18, 2008

Does Bermuda Grass give you Scones?



The western half of the state of Washington would be completely overrun with blackberry vines, were it not for weed-eaters and Round-up. But such a wonderful weed! We have about 200' of berries along one side of the property we are renting, plus we are next to a city open space area that is full of them. Needless to say, I am doing everything I can with these wonderful berries. Pies (took one to Liz and Jason last week), scones, jelly, jam. I may even try blackberry cordial, for all you Anne of Green Gables fans! I will take orders- let me know what you want!


3 comments:

Six in our Crew said...

Yummmm! You're making me hungry!

Kayte said...

i am being the good daughter and putting in an order for a couple pies for my mom! oh and I would love some jam if you can spare it...actually she would probably enjoy that too. Thanks in advance! your loving niece (and just a reminder your only one :):))

Mary and Jim said...

If you figure out how I can get the pies in my carry-on when I come down for the shower....