We THOUGHT we knew what the weather was like...

Adapting to life in the Northwest.

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Memories

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me (Christ)" John 14:1

Daniel feels right at home on this quilt I just finished. I guess that makes sense, since I made it out of Phillip's shirts. Yes, he actually had that many plaid shirts! It was neat working on it- remembering Phillip wearing these. The orange flannel I bought him as a joke for $3 at Mervyns, that he wore EVERY time time changed the oil in the car. His favorite red plaid. The green one he wore for Christmas. And the seemingly endless blue plaids. On the back, I used pieces of his favorite t-shirts, hats, and other things that are good memories-- even a logo from his Eddie Bauer hat and his Sierra Aviation hat found in the
field where he crashed, but a month afterwards. What a joy to have these wonderful memories of a wonderful son who we KNOW we will see again! Praise God!


3 comments:

Kayte said...

mimi that is a beautiful quilt!! I want it! one of my favorite pictures of him is in his eddie bauer hat!! love you!! see you on the 16th :)

Six in our Crew said...

Thank you for sharing this. It's beautiful!

Elizabeth said...

That looks great! I need to finish mine....maybe I should have had you do mine like Anne's!